Every journey begins with...

7:49 AM

Hello everyone and welcome to the first post of my beauty-fashion-lifestyle blog!

Because I'm at the beginning of my journey as (hopefully) a future blogger, I thought my first post should concern the first steps of a make-up addicted: let's go!

On the left: my "wish list" notebook. In the center: my "beauty bible" and Vogue Beauty. On the left, my "magazine pages" folder. 

The first step to become, be or continue to be a make-up addicted (also in case you want to turn this passion into a profession) is to keep updated.
On what? On the new products coming out, on emerging companies and, of course, on the new trends of the moment.

The world of make up, skincare and fashion comes in various aspects: one is clearly the online one, blogs, youtube channels, internet sites of the various brands, collaborations, advertising.
A good way to stay up to date about the world of beauty and fashion is following - more or less frequently - those people who give us such information without too much effort (for us, not for them): beauty gurus like Bethany Mota, Lauren Curtis, Zoe Sugg, Tanya Burr, Nicole Guerriero, Carli Bybel will keep you up to date on the latest products, giving you their opinion.
Many of them maintain direct contact with their followers / subscribers, so there is also the opportunity to ask them questions about products, your skin type, eye shadow colors, etc. (for example velvetgh0st, on youtube, responded to the comment of a girl who had asked what MAC eyeshadows were good were good for a girl with very fair skin).

Another great piece of information about beauty is contained in the magazines: Vogue, Vanity Fair, also in teen magazines (which usually have more affordable products).
Personally, I tend to consider fashion and beauty magazines an inspiration more than a "beauty bible": not only because the products that are presented in these kind of magazines belong only to the super high-price range but also because these products are  often rubbish! To put it bluntly, I'm not sure that magazines present the products for their quality, but I think they care more about the brand than about other features that are much more important.
I keep the pages that inspire me in a folder which sometimes needs a reorganization (always too frequently) .

As for the brands, it is also a good idea to keep up to date on those.
When I started my early journey to the world of beauty, I knew a few brands, and those that I knew were mostly Italian: KIKO, Deborah, Pupa, Flormar, Armani. Probably you've never heard of them (you'll all know only Armani) , but if you keep following me, I guarantee you will hear about them quite often.
Surfing the web, reading magazines and listening to the advice of some friends, I became familiar with brands, of which I have an updated list on my computer, so that, if I’m looking for a specific product, I’ll just open the document, flip through various brands and look online, without forgetting about some of them.

Keeping updated on the world of make-up is not just knowing what products have come out this month, my dear girls (and boys), but it's also knowing the techniques of application of the products, what an INCI (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients) is and how you can understand what your skin undertone is.
For this reason I keep a notebook in which I write the basic techniques and, when I want to, reorganize small notes I took from videos, blogs, etc..
If you also want to get one, I suggest you to buy a small binder, which is compact and easy to carry, but at the same time you can insert  whatever you want!

Last but not least, testing products. Every make up addicted is looking for the perfect eyeshadow, lipstick, gloss, mascara, eyeliner, palette.
To find them, the only solution is to try many many products, clearly according to your budget and time.
Because there are times when you do not have much money, much time or when you don't really want to go out for beauty shopping, I suggest you to take a notebook and write down your "products wish list ." You'll always know what you want, without forgetting or having to be forced to run to the nearest Sephora!


Well girls, this is all for today, see you tomorrow with a new post!
Agnese


Remember: any questions, suggestions, chats, outbreaks, this is my email account agnesesblog@hotmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images